Special Cover – Heritage Of Cooch Behar H.P.O. – By India Post
Cooch Behar HPO in 1875 the Post & Telegraph Office of Cooch Behar is learnt to have been introduce under the administrative control of Rangpur Postal Division. It was initially functioning at Purana Post Office Para. Today it covers 8893 sq.ft.Maharaja Nipendra Narayan built the present HPO building.
Special Cover depict Revenue Stamp Of Coochbehar State.
Special Cover – Bewoor Building (Mysore Head Post Office) 75 years Platinum Jubilee – By India Post
Bewoor Building, housing the Mysore Head Post Office, at Nehru Circle celebrated Platinum Jubilee (75 years) on 24th September 2014.
The two-storey heritage building has been named after Gurunath Venkatesha Bewoor, who was the first Director-General of Post and Telegraph Department in 1934. The Bewoor Building was owned by the ex-princely State of Mysore. The building was constructed by the then State government as per the report given by the Director-General of Post and Telegraph Department, Government of India, New Delhi, in 1937. The Head Post Office started functioning in the building from March 1, 1940. The building is now in its 75th year of existence.
The cover presented here bears the autograph of Sri M S Ramanjuan, Chief Postmaster General, Karnataka Circle, Bangalore, who released the cover on 24th September 2014 on the occasion of Chamundipex 2014 Philately Exhibition at
Contributed By:- From the collection of Mr Viswas Menon
Date Of Issue:- 24.09.2014.
Special Covers, Carried Covers, Special Cancellation Covers of 2014.View at a Glance, Click on below link:-
India Post Office Buildings on Covers / Cancellations – New Delhi Head Post office (Gole Dakkhana)
A special cover released on 15-11-2007 to mark the India International trade Fair. The Cover features the New Delhi Head Post Office(Gole Dakkhana) Building as Heritage Building of Delhi Circle. The Building housing the Gole Dak Khana was constructed around 1925 and started functioning as Sub-Post office. It was upgraded to Head Post office in 1948.